Message regarding a potential airplane strike in Italy on July 15, 2023
With regard to the strike on July 15, 2023, ENAC (Italian Civil Aviation Authority) released information on the guaranteed flights:
- all domestic flights underway at the time of the start of the strike.
- the departure of all flights scheduled at times prior to the beginning of the abstention and delayed for causes beyond the control of the parties;
- the arrival at destination at domestic airports of international flights with a time estimated not later than thirty minutes before the beginning of the strike itself.
- intercontinental flights: all incoming intercontinental connections including transits on domestic airports as well as following departing intercontinental flights:
- Middle East
MSR 704 MALPENSA (LIMC) CAIRO (HECA)
UAE 206 MALPENSA (LIMC) DUBAI (OMDB)
QTR 128 MALPENSA (LIMC) DOHA HAMAD (OTHH)
KAC 164 MALPENSA (LIMC) KUWAIT (OKKK)
ETH 713 MALPENSA (LIMC) FIUMICINO (LIRF) ADDIS ABEBA (HAAB)
ITY 896 FIUMCINO (LIRF) CAIRO (HECA)
EJU 3937 MALPENSA (LIMC) TEL AVIV (LLBG)
RJA 102 FIUMICINO (LIRF) QUEEN ALIA (OJAI)
ETD 86 FIUMICINO (LIRF) ABU DHABI (OMAA)
ELY 288 MALPENSA (LIMC) TEL AVIV (LLBG)
LAV 3511 MALPENSA (LIMC) MARSALAM (HEMA)
FDB 1682 NAPOLI (LIRN) DUBAI (OMDB)
GFA 026 MALPENSA (LIMC) BAHRAIN (OBBI)
SVA 210 MALPENSA (LIMC) JEDDAH (OEJN)
MEA 236 MALPENSA (LIMC) BEIRUT (OLBA)
ISR 356 VERONA (LIPX) TEL AVIV (LLBG)
AHY 036 MALPENSA (LIMC) BAKU (UBBB)
RYR 3154 BERGAMO (LIME) AMMAN (OJAI)
ABY 711 BERGAMO (LIME) SHARJAH (OMSJ)
- North America
UAE 205 MALPENSA (LIMC) NEW YORK (KJFK)
ITY 604 MALPENSA (LIMC) NEW YORK (KJFK)
TSC 2309 FIUMICINO (LIRF) TORONTO (CYYZ)
UAL 0415 MALPENSA (LIMC) CHICAGO (KORD)
DAL 289 VENEZIA (LIPZ) NEW YORK (KJFK)
AAL 721 FIUMICINO (LIRF) CHARLOTTE (KCLT)
ACA 893 FIUMICINO (LIRF) MONTREL (CYUL)
WJA 033 FIUMICINO (LIRF) CALGARY (CYYC)
- Latin America
TAM 8073 MALPENSA (LIMC) GUARULHOS (SBGR)
- Sub area South East Asia
SIA 355 MALPENSA (LIMC) SINGAPORE (WSSS)
CPA 234 MALPENSA (LIMC) HONG KONG (VHHH)
CCA 950 MALPENSA (LIMC) BEIJING (ZBAA)
ITY 770 FIUMICINO (LIRF) NEW DELHI (VIPD)
- Sub area Japan, Korea
AAR 562 FIUMICINO (LIRF) INCHEON (RKSI)
KAL 932 FIUMICINO (LIRF) INCHEON (RKSI)
ITY 792 FIUMICINO (LIRF) TOKYO HANEDA (RJTT)
- Central America and Sub Area Caribbean
NOS 630 MALPENSA (LIMC) LA ROMANA (MDLR)
NOS 6986 BOLOGNA (LIPE) MARSA ALAM (HEMA)
LAV 5711 BERGAMO (LIME) CAPO VERDE (GVAC)
- Volo Charter
ITY 8920 FIUMICINO (LIRF) HAMBURG (EDDH)
More information on the ENAC website (in Italian only).
This is an important message regarding a potential airplane strike in Italy on July 15, 2023. Please read this information carefully and take necessary precautions.
We have received credible reports indicating a possible disruption of air travel due to an impending strike by airline personnel in Italy. The strike action is expected to impact various airports across the country, potentially causing significant delays and cancellations of flights.
Here are some essential points to keep in mind:
1. Stay Informed and Plan Ahead: Stay updated on the latest developments by regularly monitoring news outlets, official airline websites, and social media platforms for any announcements or advisories regarding the strike.
2. Contact Your Airline: If you have an upcoming flight to Italy and will arrive on July 15, you can contact your airline or travel agent to inquire about the status of your flight. Airlines can provide you with the most accurate information regarding delays, rescheduling, or alternative arrangements.
3. Allow Extra Time: Prepare for potential disruptions and allow extra time to navigate through airports, undergo security checks, and deal with potential delays or cancellations.
This strike action is beyond the control of the ESRA Board, but we hope by sending this announcement in advance those affected can take necessary actions.