- The objectives of ESRA are to promote:
- communication between survey researchers in Europe and with those in other parts of the world
- communication between substantive researchers in the social sciences and survey methodologists in order to improve the quality of the research in both fields
- the study of survey designs, procedures and analysis techniqes with the objective of improving survey quality
- The communication objectives of ESRA are pursued by the means of scholarly activity such as the arrangement of conferences, symposia or colloquia, the encouragement of scholarly publications in the Association's journal 'Survey Research Methods', and the exchange of knowledge and best practice.