ESRA 2015, Reykjavik: Call for Session Proposals
The 6th Conference of the European Survey Research Association (ESRA) will take place 13th-17th July 2015 in Reykjavik, Iceland.
The scientific committee is now inviting researchers who are active in the field of survey research and survey methodology to submit proposals to organise sessions at the conference.
For your session to be considered, please submit an abstract (max. 300 words) together with 3-5 keywords through the conference website by 15th September 2014. To submit a proposal you must login to your ESRA account (or create a new account if you do not already have one) and then follow the instructions provided.
Session proposals are invited in any area of survey methodology, or in substantive areas of survey research. We encourage proposals from researchers with a variety of backgrounds, including academic research, national statistics and market research.
The following are examples of topics that are of particular interest:
- Sample designs, coverage, and sampling
- Fieldwork processes
- Unit and item nonresponse
- Weighting and imputation
- Questionnaire development, testing and piloting
- Interviewers and interviewer effects
- Mixing modes and mode effects
- Online survey methods
- Surveys using mobile devices
- Linking survey data to auxiliary data sources
- Using paradata to evaluate survey quality
- Methods for cross-national and cross-cultural surveys
- Longitudinal surveys and longitudinal analysis techniques
- Methodological considerations specific to certain survey modes: face-to-face, phone, web, mail, etc.
- Analysing, monitoring and reducing the Total Survey Error
- Data documentation, archiving and data access
- Survey analysis techniques
- Election polling and public opinion
- Social indicators
- Substantive applications of survey research
As a session organiser you are expected to encourage paper submissions to your session, review paper proposals with regards to their suitability in terms of focus and quality, liaise with presenters and the conference organisers and chair their session during the conference. If the conference committee accepts your proposal, your session will be advertised in an open call for papers that will be issued in October 2014.
The organizing committee - Bart Meuleman, Annelies Blom, Eldad Davidov, Gudbjorg Andrea Jonsdottir, Nick Allum, Patrick Sturgis