ESRA 2015, Reykjavik: Call for Papers
The 6th Conference of the European Survey Research Association (ESRA) will take place 13th-17th July 2015 in Reykjavik, Iceland.
The scientific committee invites researchers who are active in the field of survey research and survey methodology to submit paper proposals.
To submit a presentation abstract, sign up or log in to your ESRA account, click "Submit a paper abstract" and follow the instructions. You may submit a maximum of two papers on which you are enlisted as presenting author.
The closing date for submission of paper proposals is 15 January 2015.
Paper proposals are invited in any area of survey methodology, or in substantive applications of survey research. We encourage proposals from researchers with a variety of backgrounds, including academic research, national statistics and market research.
The following are examples of topics that are of particular interest:
- Sample designs, coverage, and sampling
- Fieldwork processes
- Unit and item nonresponse
- Weighting and imputation
- Questionnaire development, testing and piloting
- Interviewers and interviewer effects
- Mixing modes and mode effects
- Online survey methods
- Surveys using mobile devices
- Linking survey data to auxiliary data sources
- Using paradata to evaluate survey quality
- Methods for cross-national and cross-cultural surveys
- Longitudinal surveys and longitudinal analysis techniques
- Methodological considerations specific to certain survey modes: face-to-face, phone, web, mail, etc.
- Analysing, monitoring and reducing the Total Survey Error
- Data documentation, archiving and data access
- Survey analysis techniques
- Election polling and public opinion
- Social indicators
- Substantive applications of survey research
A complete overview of all sessions that are organized can be consulted on the following link: http://www.europeansurveyresearch.org/conf2015/sessions.php.
Poster session - New this year is that also a poster session will be organized. To submit a poster rather than a paper presentation, select ‘Poster submission’ in the session list during the session selection procedure.
Early career prize - Researchers within two years of the completion of their doctorate, or within five years of starting a career in survey research, will be eligible to enter their paper for the ESRA Early-Career Researcher prize. The winning paper will be awarded a prize of 500 Euros. More information about the Early-Career Researcher award will be announced on the conference website in due course.
The SQP research paper award which includes a prize money of € 1,000 will be announced at the conference. The award is given for the best paper describing an application or a methodological comment on the use of the Survey Quality Predictor (SQP). The papers should be sent to RECSM before the 1st of March 2015. For more detailed information about the requirements, quality criteria and evaluation process, please check the RECSM website: http://www.upf.edu/survey/actualitat/50.html.
The organizing committee - Bart Meuleman, Annelies Blom, Eldad Davidov, Gudbjorg Andrea Jonsdottir, Nick Allum, Patrick Sturgis